List:       jmeter-user
Subject:    Re: Machine configuration used for JMeter
From:       Peter Lin <woolfel () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-06-29 0:48:40

I have my own development environment for testing JMeter plugin's I write.

AMD 2ghz, 1 Gb RAM, Redhat fedora 1, jdk1.4.2, tomcat5
Sun X1, 768Mb RAM, jdk1.4.2, tomcat5
gateway 450 laptop 1.4 ghz, 1 Gb RAM, Windows XP pro, Jmeter 2.0
home built 450mhz P3, 512Mb RAM, Windows XP pro, Jmeter 2.0

At work I tend to use what ever is available during development.
Normally I will write the test plan in GUI mode and run the test in
GUI mode.

When I worked on the distribution graph, I use the gateway laptop to
send 600K requests to my linux box. when I worked on the monitor, I
used the gateway laptop and 450mhz home built system to monitor both
X1 and Linux server.

peter