List:       jmeter-user
Subject:    Re: Multiple session with single user
From:       Michael Stover <mstover1 () apache ! org>
Date:       2004-06-22 17:24:30

You seem to be confusing 'session' with 'request'.  Just so we're
straight, a 'session' is a user logged in, with it's own session id via
a cookie (or other mechanism).  A 'request' is a single http call to the
server, either a GET or POST by a single user.

If your server only allows a user one login (or 5, whatever), and you
have only one set of user credentials, you cannot create 30 sessions. No
matter what you do.

If you want 30 requests/second, then you can do that, and it is
independent of the number of sessions.  A single session might be able
to get 30 requests/second (depending on how long each request takes).
If you are able to log in 5 times (ie 5 sessions), then you could set
the throughput timer to 6 requests/second, and you'd probably stand a
decent chance of achieveing 30 requests/second total (throughput timer
is strictly per thread, so you have to multiply yourself).

-Mike