List:       jmeter-user
Subject:    Re: what version of Jmeter should i download to evaulate
From:       Bruno Dillenseger <bruno.dillenseger () rd ! francetelecom ! com>
Date:       2003-02-19 8:16:25

Drew Gulino a écrit:

>There is no reason you have to use the same jdk that
>your application is using to run JMeter.

It all depends on whether you are extending Jmeter with your own
samplers or not. In case you define your own samplers, it is possible
that they rely on some Java library requiring a specific Java runtime.
Be careful also when using distributed testing: I experienced
incompatibility between RMI stuff (registry-related) of different Java
runtimes.

-- Bruno.