List:       jmeter-user
Subject:    output from first HttpRequest as input for second HttpRequest
From:       "Pretterhofer, Guenter (ext.)"
Date:       2002-06-27 16:39:57

Hi all,

I had a look at jmeter today - and I really like what I see.
Thanks to everybody who helped developing this great software!

Maybe somebody can help me with the following:

As sampler I'm using the HttpRequest and I have various Listeners like
Assertion Results and View Results.
This is running fine so far.

But there is one special case I have problems with:

I get back some data from a HTTP request which I want to use partially as
input for the next HTTP request.

As far as I understand it there is a Hashmap in SampleResult.java where all
input parameters are stored.
And the output data are stored there too after the method readResponse is
called in HttpSampler.java :

	private SampleResult sample(Entry e, boolean redirected)
	{
		if (errorLevel == 2)
		{
			byte[] ret = readResponse(conn);
			time = System.currentTimeMillis() - time;
			res.putValue(SampleResult.TEXT_RESPONSE, ret);
			catClass.debug("DATA: " +
res.getValue("sampler.data"));

I hoped to find the output data in the debug file then.
But the catClass.debug statement above printed still out the input data.

So do I have to use a different key for the output data?
Can anybody tell me how to get the output data that I see in the View
Results Listener for example?

Thanks for your help!
Günter