List:       jmeter-user
Subject:    RE: Using Jmeter with iSaSiLk 3.03
From:       "Berin Loritsch" <bloritsch () apache ! org>
Date:       2002-06-06 16:43:42

> From: brugnolio@post.ch [mailto:brugnolio@post.ch]
>
> Hi,
> We have configured Jmeter for using of SSL by using the
> library provided from IAIK. But now, when I try to call an
> SSL URL, I receive two exceptions The first is:
> 	SSL Provider is: IAIK version 2.61
> 	Sampling url: https://xxx
> 	java.lang.ClassCastException: iaik.security.provider.IAIK
>
> And the second is:
> 	KeyStore Type: JKS
> 	JmeterKeyStore Location: C:\Documents and
> Settings\brugnolio\.keystore
> 	JmeterKeyStore type: class
> org.apache.jmeter.util.keystore.DefaultKeyStore
> 	KeyStore Type: JKS
> 	TrustStore Location:
> 	TrustStore type: class
> org.apache.jmeter.util.keystore.DefaultKeyStore
> 	java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
> java.lang.NullPointerException: Cer
> 	tificateChain and PrivateKey may not be null!
> 	        at iaik.security.ssl.KeyAndCert.<init>(Unknown Source)
>
> In my .keystore I saved all the cercertifcates  of the server
> that I called. These certifcates are "Self-Signed". What
> should I do to run these tests? Which aliases should I assign
> at the certificates to make them work as a CertificateChain?

For self-signed certificates to work--whether you use IAIK or
JSSE, your CA cert needs to be present in your TrustStore.
The JSSE style (aka IAIK and JSSE) truststore is either in
${jre_home}/lib/security/cacerts or it is in
${jre_home}/lib/security/jssecacerts.  The jssecacerts file is
read first.  I typically override the cacerts file by placing the
CA cert in the jssecacerts file, and then remove it when I am
done.

Cunsiddering you are getting a NullPointerException or a
class cast exception, there is a possibility that the IAIK library
has changed since I developed it.