List:       jmeter-user
Subject:    RE: Distributing over machines in addition to threads
From:       "Karr, David" <david.karr () cacheflow ! com>
Date:       2001-07-23 20:37:23

When you run multiple threads on a single system, even on a multi-cpu
system, there is some contention between the threads, slowing them down a
bit.  Distributing the load to multiple hosts achieves the same performance
advantages as doing the same for a web/application server.  In any case,
instead of running 10 threads on a single system, you can run 10 threads on
10 systems, making it much more likely you'll be able to find peak load
problems or race conditions in your application or server.