List:       jmeter-dev
Subject:    Re: Should JMeter 2.0 require JDK 1.4?
From:       Jeremy Arnold <jeremy_a () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2003-08-27 21:53:06

mstover1@apache.org wrote:

>Peter, Sebastian, and Elan all got their accounts.

Great.  Welcome guys!  (Sorry for not noticing earlier.)

>Regarding the 100 column line, I think most people are apathetic.
>What that means we should decide?  I'm not sure :-)  And, I wrote
>that bit about disallowing code formatting except at designated
>times so as to avoid conflicts as much as possible.

I think the lack of interest would usually mean to stick with the status
quo -- 80 columns.  Even though I gave it my +1, I keep going back and
forth in my head about it anyway...80 column source code is the standard
for the majority of projects, and while it's sometimes a bit annoying,
it does seem to work reasonably well.  So perhaps its best to leave it
alone for now -- if it's annoying enough to change then the topic will
come up again.

Jeremy