List:       jibx-users
Subject:    Re: [jibx-users] Fw: Using existing domain objects with JIBX 1.2.2
From:       Dennis Sosnoski <dms () sosnoski ! com>
Date:       2010-04-15 22:41:22

Hi Arvind,

You can use JiBX to bind existing domain objects to XML matching an
existing schema, but it's going to require some work on your part.

The easiest way to start is probably by using CodeGen to generate a data
model from your existing schema. This generated data model won't match
your existing domain objects, of course, but it gives you a starting
point. Then use CodeGen customizations to move the generated data model
closer to your existing domain objects - so customize the generated
package and class name to match your existing class, customize the
property names to match your existing properties. Once you've got a
match, you can ignore the generated classes and just use the generated
binding with your existing classes. If it gets to the point where you
can't use CodeGen customizations to create a match (for instance, when
the data from a single schema type definition is split between different
objects in your domain objects) you will need to just take the final
generated binding and start modifying that by hand.

In this case, the schema Element type is a subset of the data in your
Holding class, so it should be easy to match these up - it doesn't even
look like you'd need to customize the property names, since those
already match.

  - Dennis

Dennis M. Sosnoski
XML and Web Services in Java