List:       jibx-users
Subject:    Re: [jibx-users] Modeling recursive structures in XML and JiBX
From:       Dennis Sosnoski <dms () sosnoski ! com>
Date:       2005-06-01 22:09:55

Seems like it shouldn't be too hard. You'd need a Java object for the
condition, which has the comparison value and a reference to the
operator (which I assume is going to be optional, since otherwise you'd
always have an infinite tree). Then the binding would be something like
this:

  <mapping class="ConditionClass" abstract="true">
    <value name="comparison" field="m_comparison"/>
    <structure field="m_operator" usage="optional"/>
  </mapping>
  <mapping class="AndOperatorClass" name="and">
    <collection field="m_conditions" item-type="ConditionClass"/>
  </mapping>

There may have been problems with this approach (using an abstract
mapping as the type of item for a collection) in RC0, but I believe at
least some variation of this works with the current CVS code.

  - Dennis