List:       jfs-discussion
Subject:    Re: [Jfs-discussion] Filesystem corruption when updating
From:       Christian Kujau <lists () nerdbynature ! de>
Date:       2008-04-30 21:49:33

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Daniel Savard wrote:
> About each time I am updating the device-mapper on my Linux servers I am
> getting filesystem corruption.

What exactly do you mean by "updating the device-mapper"? The
device-mapper is a kernel component, and there are userspace tools to
manage the device mapper. So, which one gets upgraded, from which version
and also: what corruptions do you get? (error messages would help...)

> Yes, /usr, /var and /tmp are JFS. / is ext3.

I'm using tmpfs for /tmp and never had to fsck ;-)

C.
--
BOFH excuse #29:

It works the way the Wang did, what's the problem