List:       jfs-discussion
Subject:    Re: [Jfs-discussion] jfs and samba
From:       Ken Appell <ken () kyvyx ! net>
Date:       2007-10-16 13:21:20

Miha Verlic wrote:
>> Any other testing suggestions are welcome.
>
> I've had problems with ridiculously slow transfer rates when jfs
> partition was mounted over samba on XP machine. Try putting 'oplocks =
> no' into your smb.conf.
Thanks for your suggestions, but I'm backing off of my bad conclusion
that it is OS related. I put the server and one client on an isolated
network and there have not been any problems. Looks like its a
networking issue. Sorry for wasting your time, but I learned a bit about
JFS in the process.

Thanks!