List:       jffnms-users
Subject:    [jffnms-users] JJFNMS and floats in some locales
From:       Craig Small <csmall () enc ! com ! au>
Date:       2012-04-14 14:16:46

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 08:44:10PM +0200, Marek Kr=F3likowski wrote:
>  SLA / Storage Used > 80%: 400 %
I've recently looked into problems like this, especially if the graphs
look ok, and found that it is actually a bug in PHP.  I don't think the
PHP developers think it is but I do.

The git repository for JFFNMS has a fix for it now. The problem is that
in locales that use a comma for a decimal point rrdtool outputs a value
with a comma but php expects a value with a period. So it takes
something like 18GB (1,800000e+07) and says that is 1. This means JFFNMS
thinks your 18GB drive is a 1B drive.

No matter what I tried, I could not get it to interpet it correctly. I
basically gave up and replaced the "," with "." which is fine for
rrdtool output because it never has comma for a thousands separator.
A few checks on google show its a common problem. More information at
http://enc.com.au/2012/04/php-floats-and-locales/

 - Craig

-- =

Craig Small VK2XLZ   http://enc.com.au/          csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux     http://www.debian.org/      csmall at : debian.org
GPG fingerprint:     5D2F B320 B825 D939 04D2  0519 3938 F96B DF50 FEA5