List:       jffnms-users
Subject:    Re: [jffnms-users] User for a Customer
From:       Javier Szyszlican <javier () szysz ! com>
Date:       2002-12-11 14:24:30

Hi,

Yes, of course, you will have 2 ways of doing this.

If you want the users only to see graphs (not events related to the interfaces
or anything else) the best thing will be to permit to view other types of
graphics when using the customer login. (this seems like an option to add in
future versions) but for now you will need to touch the code (only a few
lines).

The second way is to generate a Map (Administration->Hosts &
Interfaces->SubMaps)  with any interfaces you want to be seen by a user.
(Maps are ab arbitrary group of interfaces) Write down the ID of the map.

Then go to Administration-> Users & Customers -> Users and click on View of
the new user you created and select the Map Profile Option and put the number
of map in it.
The user will be restricted to that map only.

Javier