List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    Re: don't show portlet upon error
From:       Yohanes Santoso <jetspeeduser () microjet ! ath ! cx>
Date:       2005-03-30 14:17:54

"Roel van Dijk" <roel.van.dijk@forest-fields.nl> writes:

> is called. As I now understand it, by this time it is too late? (What data
> has been sent?) Any data that is fetched in this function can't stop the
> rendering?

I am not sure about JSP since I use Velocity, but I strongly think the
mechanism is similar. In the case of Velocity, at least top.vm has
been rendered and sent, and also, any preceeding portlet before your
portlet (from the HTML point of view).

> How can an Action that fetches the data stop the rendering of a Portlet, as
> you describe?

In Action, you can remove the portlet from the PSML if you encounter
any error in fetching so that the portlet won't be rendered. You can
also change the template to be rendered: the standard template (i
think the name is screen.vm which will in turn rendere top.vm,
portlets, bottom.vm) or some other templates.

YS.