List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    Re: JS2: Portlet Level security
From:       David Sean Taylor <david () bluesunrise ! com>
Date:       2005-03-29 6:27:28

Jouni Rajala wrote:
> I see that it is possible to put security constraints in psml files at
> page level. Is it possible to restrict usage of
> some exact portlet on page by security constraints so that it is not
> rendered if user is not in some spesific
> group/role.

Not quite yet, scheduled for 2.0 final release
What we do have is the PortletPermission class, and we can check against
it using the JAAS security, however the checks are not being made in the
current aggregator.

INSERT INTO SECURITY_PERMISSION
VALUES(11,'org.apache.jetspeed.security.PortletPermission','MyPortet','view'...

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software