List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    Re: 2.0 or 1.X?
From:       Roger Ruttimann <rogerrut () apache ! org>
Date:       2004-11-24 18:44:52

Just some notes:
--> You would have to rewrite the J1 portlets and build portlet
applications that are JSR-168 compliant. Sounds more complicated than it
really is.
--> J2 supports hot deploy for portlet applications, decorators/layouts
--> The layout structure is simpler in J2 since you can define a folder
structure and links for your pages
--> The first J2 release (M1) is about to come out soon.

I recommend that you look into J2 for future portal projects because it
offers a lot of cool features.

Roger