List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    Re: problem to call Bean in jsp page
From:       Dan Moore <moore234 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-10-25 14:44:00

Hi,

I'm not all that familiar with JSP and beans, but I thought there were
two things you should look at:

1. importing the bean (using <%@page import=... syntax) into the jsp

2. having the bean class in the default package.  couldn't find
anything solid about this, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere
that this was an issue.

Dan

--- Amit Soni <amit_soni@netcore.co.in> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>    Here i have already added one simple jsp page in jetspeed portlet
> using admin-->portlet browser tool which contain simple output. But i
> have problem when i call the simple bean in this page. so if i want
> call
> the Java Bean with this jsp file then it gives me error.
>
> The content of my jsp file is ::
>
> <jsp:useBean id="bean" scope="session" class="MyClass"/>
> <%
> out.println("From Bean " + bean.getMessage());
> %>
>
> The content of MyClass.java is ::
> public class MyClass {
>      public String getMessage() {
>           return "Hello World";
>      }
> }
>
> then in portlet that i have added it gives me error like this ::
>
> Error encountered processing a template:
> /portlets/html/HelloWorlds.jsporg.apache.jasper.JasperException:
> /WEB-INF/templates/jsp/portlets/html/HelloWorlds.jsp(1,1) The value
> for
> the useBean class attribute MyClass is invalid. at

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:39)