List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    Re: How-To integrate with internal Struts applications
From:       Raphaël_Luta <raphael () apache ! org>
Date:       2004-09-29 20:55:52

Dausch, Daniel wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Raphael. I apologize, perhaps I did not make myself
> clear enough on my issue. I don't want to integrate Struts development in
 > Jetspeed 1.5. Jetspeed should remain as is. What I want to do, for
 > example, is to access a Struts app running on Server A from the Portal
 > running on Server B. The Portal would display the Struts App in a portlet
 > on the portal page and allow user interaction with the app. I looked
 > at ApplicationsPortlet but not much documentation on it.
 > Hope this helps.

Forget ApplicationsPortlet, it's a legacy feature that simply enables
you flag some portlets as "applications" and then list all applications
available.
Such feature isn't really necessary anymore and is just kept for
backward compatibility.

For your issue, if you don't need to fully integrate the application
into Jetspeed proper, use the IFramePortlet. If this doesn't suit your
need, consider Fusion/StrutsPortlet and develop your own ProxyPortlet
(you'll find some web-clipping tools already done in Jetspeed)

--
Raphael Luta - raphael@apache.org
Apache Jetspeed - Enterprise Portal in Java