List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    **deployment of Portals:Please help****
From:       "Archana Turaga" <archana.turaga () intervoice ! com>
Date:       2003-12-24 16:28:31

Hi,
 We have a centralised source check-in clearcase where all the code is =
checked in. This is place from where all the code is built and this build =
version is the one that is used to be deployed to customers.

My questions i think will be easier to understand if you take JPortal as =
an example:

1) I notice the JPortal source code contains only the source files it =
needs on top of jetspeed. Later Ant is used to merge this code into final =
jportal war which contains the Jportal's required classes,templates,propert=
y files and jetspeed classes,templates, property files. Does that mean Ant =
is the only way i can use to build the war file?

2) In clearcase we have a way to build wars and i want to stick to that =
procedure as much as possible. Is there a way i can do out with ANT and =
still come up with a war file that is the same as that i get when i use =
ANT?

I would appreciate any help in this regard. We are considering to use =
Jetspeed portal for hosting our portlets and i'm trying to come up with a =
list of items that need to be addressed before plunging in head-long into =
the development of portlets. And this item was on the top of my list?

Thanks,
Archana