List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    RE: Newbie: Can't Jetspeed get starting with postgresql
From:       nick the mytilian <athanasi () csd ! uoc ! gr>
Date:       2003-11-29 13:21:08

Hello,

You advise to get the security-schema.xml file from version 14b1 of
jetspeed, in order to get it play with postgres.

But, the installation instructions just say what to do with the *.sql
files (security-schema.sql, turbine-postgres.sql, populate.postgres.sql).

What can i do with the security-schema.xml file?

Anyway,
after two months of trying to get postgres (7.1.3) run with my jetspeed
(source code from CVS), i am stuck in the following exception:

org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.UserException: Failed to create
account 'nikos': ERROR:  ExecAppend: Fail to add null value in not null
attribute user_id

This happens at the time i try to add a new user.

Following some emails in the jetspeed-dev, jetspeed-user lists, here is
what i did:

I configured properly my Torque.properties file.

In the turbine-postgres.sql file changed the OBJECTDATA field to
"OBJECTDATA bytea" .
I also added in the CREATE TABLE TURBINE_USER statement the field
PASSWORD_CHANGED timestamp before the PRIMARY KEY(USER_ID) field.

In the populate-postgres.sql file added a null value in each of 3 INSERT
INTO TURBINE_USER VALUES commands.

If anyone has already faced all these things and could help me to find out
what is going on, please dont keep the solution a secret...

Nik.