List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    Re: AccessControl service
From:       David Sean Taylor <david () bluesunrise ! com>
Date:       2003-11-25 16:11:25

On Monday, November 24, 2003, at 05:53  PM, Prashanth Thavutam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a bit confused between AccessControl services as which one should
> I use, RegistryAccessControl(RAC) or TurbineAccessControl(TAC). We are
> planning to store everything in database. To my understanding, TAC
> uses psml stored in the database, whereas RAC uses file system(I may
> not be true). When I comment TAC and uncomment RAC class in properties
> file, application works fine, but the other way it shows 'You do not
> have access to these portlets' error message.
> If TAC is trying to get ACL from database, which table should be
> pre-populated?. I don't see any data in JETSPEED_ACL table?.
>
> I appreciate any help in making me understand how these two
> Controllers work.

Its been a while since I looked at the TAC, last time I checked it was
working, long time ago.
The default is now to use RAC, which has much more features and Im
afraid that TAC has not been updated in a while.
I will test it today and see what the problem is. Hopefully its as
simple as adding some SQL statements to the database population scripts