List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    RE: Other Open Source Portals
From:       "Weaver, Scott" <Sweaver () rippe ! com>
Date:       2003-10-28 17:43:33

As Andy has already stated, beware anyone saying they are 168 compliant already (save \
for actual vendors like IBM and SUN).  It's just too soon for anyone to have a full \
implementation.  The only reason why Pluto is 168 compliant and J2 (because of the \
Pluto dependency) is that Pluto started way before the spec was published as it was \
the RI for the spec.

Also watch out for eXo portal, it is GPL, which can be hairy for java developers in \
terms of legal issues.

p.s.

If you start out using Pluto's driver portal, you will be able to easily migrate all \
of your portlet apps to Jetspeed 2 when it is ready for prime time, if that is even a \
concern of yours.

Regards,