List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    RE: Separating jetspeed code and own development
From:       <Stefan.Landro () swisscom ! com>
Date:       2003-08-26 8:30:31

Super!

Thanks for the input!

Cheers,

Stefan

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Orciuch [mailto:mark_orciuch@ngsltd.com]
Sent: Montag, 25. August 2003 17:43
To: Jetspeed Users List

> I'm trying to figure out the best way to split jetspeed code and my
> own code to make life and for instance upgrading easier. For example,
> by default, actions go in the org.apache.etc... Package, but i  want
> them to go in my own package structure - how do I configure it?
> Building the default app generates a jar, but it's not used in the war

> - why is that?

The .jar file is used when you build using release_war target.

> How do I separate jetspeed templates from my own?
>
> I'm looking for best practises.

Take a look at "Maven usage notes for release 1.4b4" in README. There's
a way to separate your jetspeed customizations and use jetspeed:war goal
to build a custom portal application based on Jetspeed binary
distribution. I have several applications being built this way but I
don't have the time to write up a "white paper" on this.

Also, the Jetspeed Tutorial uses similar technique - perhaps that is
your best place to start.

Best regards,

Mark C. Orciuch
Next Generation Solutions, Ltd.