List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    Re: Help submitting portlet to its self
From:       David Sean Taylor <david () bluesunrise ! com>
Date:       2003-02-25 6:12:40

On Wednesday, February 19, 2003, at 05:52  AM, Boyd, David wrote:

> I am having a problem of trying to submit a portlet to itself and have
> it
> rendered correctly.
>
> I have a defined a .psml file is made up of a single tag, that then
> groups 4
> more tags.  Under each of these tags is assigned a .jsp file.  I have
> built
> and action class and the buildNormalContext method is working
> correctly.  I
> have added an action called doResolve to this action class.  Now, the
> .jsp
> files have a form section.  The form is submitted by the user clicking
> link, which calls a javascript function which which sets some hidden
> values
> in the form section and then calls the submit() method of the form.  I
> can
> see that the action method doResolve is being called.
>
> What is happening is that the current .jsp page is being displayed
> back to
> the user, but the tabs are no longer there.
>
> Any ideal has to what would cause this to happen? and what can be done
> fix it?

Sounds like you need to encode your URL to go back to the portal.
This is a basic rule for all portlet interaction.
See the Jetspeed tag libs (template.tld) for properly encoding refs
back to the portal
There are plenty of examples under webapp/WEB-INF/templates/jsp

An alternative to this is to use the IFrame portlet. Makes for very
easy integration of existing code without having to code your JSPs as
portlets
But beware IFrames dont work on all browsers

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software