List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    Re: AW: AW: Newbie problem
From:       Stelian Iancu <stelian.iancu () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-12-20 17:02:35

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 17:46, Jürgen Hoffmann wrote:
> Hi Stelian,
>
> I have had the same problem before. Do you have the zip file downloaded
> and installed on a "different mount point". It might be that you can
> execute /bin/sh no problem if it is on a different moint point than the
> jetspeed installation.
>
> budwork:~# mount
> /dev/hda4 on / type ext3 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
> proc on /proc type proc (rw)
> devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
> /dev/hda3 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
> /dev/hdb4 on /home/buddy/windows2000 type ext3 (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
>
> Here you see that /home/buddy/windows2000 has no execute permission.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Jürgen Hoffmann
> ByteACTION GmbH
>
> cert. Perl Programmer
> cert. Linux System Administrator
> cert. Java Programmer

I have downloaded and unpacked the .zip in my /home/user dir on the
/home partition. Here is the relevant line from mount:

/dev/hda12 on /home type reiserfs (rw,notail)

and the /

/dev/hda13 on / type reiserfs (rw, notail).

One interesting thing. If I try to execute the script via bash (i.e.
bash build.sh war), I obtain the following:

: command not found
: command not found
: command not found
: command not found
: command not found
: command not found
: command not found
: command not found
: command not found
'uild.sh: line 58: syntax error near unexpected token `do
'uild.sh: line 58: `do

I made in the same directory with build.sh a mock script, test.sh, which
only does a ls -l *.sh and it works.

I don't understand what's happening.

--
Regards,