List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    some (newbie) question about using Jetspeed
From:       "EMike" <mike.errecart () neurosoft ! fr>
Date:       2002-08-29 9:19:00

(first of all, sorry for my english, i'm french)

Hi all.

I'm quite new to Jetspeed, and really impressed by what can be done with it.
I have to make an architectural proposal for a project, and building a portal seem to \
be a good approach. However, after installing, testing my (simple) own portlets, and \
reading all the docs i could about Jetspeed, i have a few questions.  The answers \
might help to decide wether or not Jetspeed is suited for "my" project (i'd like it \
to...)

First of all : in the portal we want to build, navigation have to be possible within \
a portlet. The concerned portlet is a dynamic page (JSP or servlet). I read in the \
archives that it is possible to navigate (within a portlet) through html pages, but \
what about JSP&servlets ?

Is it possible to keep the "state" of portlets ? (i mean, for example, is it possible \
that an IFrame portlet doesn't go back to its base URL after reloading... i'm quite \
unconfident about that...)

I installed an "JSP navigation" extension (which can be downloaded at : \
http://grids.ucs.indiana.edu/users/balsoy/jetspeed/MyJSP.zip), which allows the \
navigation between JSPs, the next JSP being the parameter of an Action Form. Is it \
possible to do the same (navigation) through classic html links ?

I know my questions might seem dumb, and time consuming to read, but some help will \
be VERY appreciated, since i am confused with Jetspeed restrictions...

Thanks for all.

Mike from France