List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    URL mis-parse
From:       jsexton () odshp ! com
Date:       2002-08-26 23:17:27

Moving to another fresh install of Caldera 3.1.1, with Java 1.3.0,
Tomcat 4.0.4 and Jetspeed 1.4b, I pointed Jetspeed at a squid proxy on
another box (I have a lot of them) so to avoid the problem of
-DnonProxyHosts="" not working.

Using squid to select when to go to the actual external proxy allows
me to use data sources both inside and outside our firewall.  This
works well.

I've been happily adding realistic portlets of various types all day.
Then at one point, one of the first RSS portlets I added stopped
working.  After some investigation, I found that Jetspeed is
attempting to retrieve the wrong URL.

The xreg file contains this URL:

http://p.moreover.com/cgi-local/page%3Fo=rss&c=Portland%2DSalem%20news

And this worked fine all day.  Now suddenly, Jetspeed insists on
trying to retrieve this URL:

http://p.moreover.com/cgi-local/page%3F

Which times-out.  I know it's doing this because squid records
Jetspeed's requests.

I tried removing the cache file, removing the entry from
datasources.properties and even changing the URL in the xreg file by
reversing the parameters.

If it has a problem with parameters in RSS feed URLs, I don't
understand why it worked for several requests at first, then stopped
working.

Any ideas?  Thanks

--
Jeff Sexton