List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    One-to-Many (Tomcat 4.0.4-to-Jetspeed 1.3dev)
From:       "Paul Balogh" <paul () javaducky ! com>
Date:       2002-06-30 7:11:51

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully configured multiple Jetspeed
applications within a single Tomcat instance using a shared
codebase (that is, put all Jetspeed-core classes and
dependencies in <tomcat>/classes and <tomcat>/lib,
respectively)?  This may be a Tomcat issue...or possibly the
way some factories may be caching data and not taking context
into account?
What happens is that a request to either URL receives the same
content in the response!  Each webapp has its own template
directories, web.xml, cache, conf, etc.  I'm puzzled...I may be
needing a mental reboot and get a fresh look tomorrow...
Hopefully someone has been able to do this...it's not critical,
I have no problems with either app when all the binaries are
duplicated within their respective applications, but I'd like
to "do the right thing" ;-).
My Environment:
* RedHat Linux 7.2
* Apache 1.3.20-16 (with mod_proxy)
* Tomcat 4.0.4

Thanks in advance,

Paul

--
It's a sick world and I'm a happy guy! -- Uncle Larry