List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    Re: Multi browser support
From:       Paul Spencer <paulsp () apache ! org>
Date:       2002-06-29 11:47:51

Thomas,
Although I do not know the specifics, the answer involves media_types
and the capability map.  The capability map will determine the
media_type to use based on http session information.  You can define a
media_type that is specific to a browser.  The challenge begins when you
want an IE (ie_html) and a Netscape (ms_html) media_types, you can not
define a fallback media_type (html).  Thus you have to duplicate much of
the WEB-INF/templates tree to maintain common functionality for both
media_types.  For you, this may be an issues when supporting html and
html for the the pocket PC.

Jetspeed comes with html, wml, and xml media types define.

I hope this helps.

Paul Spencer