List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    Re: Roles and Permissions
From:       Paul Spencer <paulsp () apache ! org>
Date:       2002-05-29 1:39:19

Josh,
This is a know problem with the existing security model. Specifically, a
user MUST have the role in the security tag.  If the request permission,
maximize in this case, is in ANY role that the user has, then the
permission is granted.

We are in the process of replacing the security mode.  See
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-jetspeed/proposals/Security.txt

Paul Spencer