List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    web.xml and fileuploading
From:       Anthony Smith <anthony.smith () fedex ! com>
Date:       2002-04-29 20:54:22

I have a entry in my web.xml as follows:

<servlet>
	<servlet-name>
	    DemoParserUploadServlet
	</servlet-name>
	<servlet-class>
	    gsptech.portal.servlets.DemoParserUploadServlet
	</servlet-class>
	<init-param>

<param-name>uploadDir</param-name><param-value>/temp/portal2/</param-value>
	</init-param>
</servlet>

the uploadDir I am accessing in one of my servlets. Now if the temp/portal2
dir is already created it works fine. But I want to make my code where if it
no created then it goes and creats it. I cant seem to create the directory.
Here is the code in my servlet.

private File dir;
	super.init(config);

      // Read the uploadDir from the servlet parameters
         String dirName = config.getInitParameter("uploadDir");

         if (dirName == null) {
            throw new ServletException("Please supply uploadDir parameter");
         }
         dir = new File(dirName);
         dir.mkdir();
         System.out.println("dir.mkdir();" + dir.isDirectory() + " dir:" +
dir);
         if (! dir.isDirectory()) {

            throw new ServletException("Supplied uploadDir " + dirName +
                                 " is invalid");
         }
      }