List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    Re: new photos from my party!
From:       Santiago Gala <sgala () hisitech ! com>
Date:       2002-01-30 14:39:58

Frans Thamura wrote:

>I receive this email from all of my list..
>
>is there a spammer filter in apache.org

It was no spammer who sent it, but someone subscribed to the list which
got infected.

I don't think there is an antivirus mail filter in apache.org. There
used to be a no attachment policy, but it has changed.

Unless you have a badly designed and/or badly configured mail client, no
email message can make you harm if you stick to a single rule:

- never open an executable attachment (not even apparently coming a from
trusted persons). This includes disabling javascript or other client
side scripting languages in HTML mail.

Unfortunately, Outlook is very badly engineered and also very badly
configured by default, so I think this statement does not include it.