List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    Re: Questions about running jetspeed1.3-a2 in jboss2.4.4-tomcat4.0.1
From:       "Frans Thamura" <fth4mura () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-01-24 20:00:34

This is my steps when you want to run Jetspeed in JBOSS 2.4.x

I tested it in JBoss 2.4.2 to 2.4.4 with tomcat 3x and 4x version

and all work well...but i not test it more deeply, may be there is a bug or
something, or incompatilbe it... i hate Jboss, because we must rebuild if
modify the JSP etc..tomcat is better, we can play around with
webapps/jetspeed directory..

Oke, try to compile, and follow the instruction.. and you will get
jetspeed.war right

1. try to copy it to deploy directory in JBoss, and run it..

you can try run_with_catalina.bat for tomcat 4x or run_with_tomcat.bat for
tomcat 3x

and try access it.. like usually http://localhost:8080/jetspeed

and try to login it...

2. if you want to put it in webapps in catalina or tomcat directory, which
we usually did it in tomcat /catalina only environment.

you will see the JBoss wont un archive (unjar or unzip) the jetspeed.war,
and your jetspeed is not working... yah... sad lar, i don't know...

sad yah... because i see there is several question to deploy JSP thing in
deploy directory..

i think there will be an issue developing JSP version in deploy directory of
JBoss...

i will dig it out later..

******
several issue i see in JBoss is, when you run first time

, all the portlet (RSS) is not there... but it work in tomcat only version..

oke may be help..

Frans