List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    Status of 1.3a2 release
From:       Alex McLintock <alex () arcfan ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-12-21 18:24:53

Hi folks,

I am returning to Jetspeed after around six months away and happily I
discover there is a "release":
"1.3a2"   Or is this still a release candidate?

I am trying to install it on a Win98 box with 128Mb (just don't ask - I'll
put it on a proper OS soon).

I have most of it working but the BadURLManagerDemon is throwing a NPE on
startup. Is it doing so
for everyone else too or is it just me? (I'll post the stack trace if
anyone is interested).

Also I am confused as to whether the local.ocs feed is used anywhere. Is it?

I can add JetspeedContent in the admin menus but whenever I try adding the
jetspeedcontent portlet
it is reported as "unavailable" and does not appear.

I have some RSS portlets working and some not - but there seems to be no
rhyme or reason to it.
I can't see any errors in the jetspeed log.... Any hints? I don't *think*
it is a bad url....

Oversights:
Some items in the admin menus assume that it is installed in a directory
called "jetspeed".

Thanks again people for some fine software.

Alex