List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    Re: Newbe - Can't get HelloWordPortlet installed
From:       Mark Nutter <javadev () linklore ! org>
Date:       2001-12-21 0:40:45

I had a similar problem and found there is a gotcha with Jetspeed.  I
was doing:

1) Edit .xreg file
2) Stop Tomcat
3) Start Tomcat
4) Check for the portlet I added.

Unfortunately, at step 2, Jetspeed "saves" its current settings back out
to the .xreg files, thus deleting my earlier entries.  I had much better
luck with:

1) Stop Tomcat
2) Edit the .xreg file
3) Start Tomcat