List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    Stock portlet
From:       "Funk, Lori K." <lfunk () petroleumplace ! com>
Date:       2001-11-30 23:59:35

Hi everyone,

I have jetspeed (1.3a2-dev from cvs a couple of weeks ago) running great
on linux (tomcat 3.2.3).  Everything is working great except for a
problem with the stock portlet.  If a user customizes the stock portlet
with a list of symbols and then changes his password, the symbols are
lost and he can't set them again.  Changing his password back to the
original recovers his list of symbols.=20

I went looking for where the list of symbols is stored and was lead to
the soap interface on
http://www.bluesunrise.com:8082/webservices/container/BlueSunriseFinance
/BlueSunriseFinanceService/BlueSunriseFinancePort

Please help me understand:
1. why the list of symbols is at all related to the user's password
2. where the list of symbols is stored
3. how the list of symbols can be retained when the user changes his
password

Thanks
Lori