List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    Re: Latest build...
From:       "Bob Wilson" <bwilson44 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2001-10-31 21:42:20

The 'build' will take place from the zip file that I downloaded from you the
other day, right?  I take it I should just extract this to a directory and
then run the build.  Will this completely build an entire 'new' jetspeed
directory and sub-directories thus eliminating any configs I already have?

By moving the Jetspeed directory (thereby not losing any prior info I have
configured), I will have to copy any portlets I have created back into the
new Jetspeed directory from the old Jetspeed...is this correct??  I am
assuming they will not be there on re-building, right?

I just want to make sure that I don't lose anything in doing this process.
Thanks for your help!

Bob.

PS...wouldn't the nightly build contain the latest files including the
demo-portlets.xreg file?  I didn't see it when I re-deployed the nightly
jetspeed.war.
Shutdown Tomcat.

Build the "war" target from the jetspeed build directory.

build war

Then to deploy to Tomcat,
in Tomcat's webapps directory, remove the jetspeed directory, and copy the
jetspeed.war found in the jakarta-jetspeed/bin directory over the
jetspeed.war in tomcat's webapp directory.

Restart Tomcat, go to http://localhost:8080/jetspeed