List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    RE: Jetspeed in Production??
From:       David Halsted <DHalsted () CreativeSolutions ! com>
Date:       2001-08-31 18:46:31

Basically, we're using MS-SQL on the backend (lots of reasons, not
completely my favorite choice) to drive a service that lets our customers
run our software for their customers via a Web portal.  We're running with
JBoss, and have a fairly nice package worked up that installs very quickly,
but it's really a custom build for us at the moment.

We'll have to monkey some with the admin stuff, and we've written some
things that are peculiar to our situation (we have pretty odd
group/user/permission needs, for example).  The same set of code should
drive both internal and external apps.  We haven't really started building
portlets in earnest, but we have a fair number of modular jsp apps that I'm
sure we'll be able to plug in easily.  For one of the applications, we're
actually passing off to a Citrix server and running the app through that.
As we go forward, we will be folding in other applications and information
from other entities within our corporate group.

So far, I'm extremely pleased with Jetspeed, especially as it compares with
the proprietary package we were using before.  As we go forward and get some
real testing and stressing done I'll pass any interesting results on to the
group.

Best,
Dave