List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    RE: Using Turbine in Jetspeed
From:       "John Menke" <john () murphyfutures ! com>
Date:       2001-06-27 12:04:42

> You can't use in your application things like "template" or
> "screen" and still expect your application to work within a "portlet"
screen.

> Of course, if what you need is just present a portlet
> "front-page' in the portal screen and then link to your full size
application, then if you
> have a Pull application you can use the VelocityPortlet with your
front-page
> application template and you should be fine.
>
> You'll even get customization capabilities for free :)

I was thinking of having links in portlets that connect to Turbine like
Screens.  Is the VelocityPortlet basically the same thing as the
VelocityScreen?

There was some mention of getting the TDK working with Jetspeed. Is this
going to be possible in the future? (Have Turbine and Jetspeed coexist in
one webapp?)

--john