List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    Re: Are the new Portlet api javadocs up to date?
From:       Robert Dingwell <bobd () mitre ! org>
Date:       2001-05-30 23:54:28

Hi,

I just noticed that PortletPage was missing from the version in cvs as
well.
Is this gone for good or is the interface being redefined. I would think
that
it may be fairly crucial at times for a Portlet to know about the
page(s) that it
is on for a particular user. If you leave it up to the container to deal
with what
a page is and how a Portlet can get at that page then moving Portlets
from one vendors
implementation to another can become problematic and make the portlet
not as portable as
it should be.

Rob Dingwell