List:       jedit-users
Subject:    Re: [ jEdit-users ] Autocompletion...
From:       Dale Anson <danson () grafidog ! com>
Date:       2010-09-13 13:16:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

>From the JavaSideKick help file:

SideKick settings are found in jEdit at: Plugins->Plugin Options->SideKick

"Show completion popups where possible" must be checked for the completion
to work.

"Parse on buffer switch and save" is recommended for JavaSideKick in
general.

"Parse on keystroke" is recommended for completion to work well.

You'll probably need to play with the "After last keystroke, wait (second)"
and "After popup trigger keystroke, wait (second)" settings. For me, I've
got "After last keystroke" set to 0.75 sec and "After popup trigger" set to
0.25 sec. You'll want to adjust based your typing speed, machine speed, and
coding style.