List:       jedit-users
Subject:    Re: [ jEdit-users ] Console plugin requires ProjectViewer
From:       "Ian Lewis" <ianmlewis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-12-31 3:04:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Yah it seems to load ok even after I removed the ProjectViewer. Thanks.
Though the console plugin had it as a requirement and the plugin manager
downloaded it automatically when I upgraded the console plugin. That's kind
of annoying by itself because I don't use the ProjectViewer and would prefer
it not installed if it's not required but anyway, when it did that, it
didn't download the Project Viewer's dependencies (e.g. the Common Controls
plugin).

If I remove the ProjectViewer jar file from the jars directory and then
reinstall it directly by going to the install tab in the Plugin Manager and
checking the ProjectViewer, it does install the Common Controls Plugin
correctly. Perhaps the Plugin Manager is not figuring out the dependency
chain properly by only going one level deep?