List:       jedit-users
Subject:    Re: [ jEdit-users ] Stop Auto-Completion Popups
From:       Taylor Venable <taylor () metasyntax ! net>
Date:       2007-10-04 15:52:45

On Thursday 04 October 2007 11:12:58 Taylor Venable wrote:
> On Thursday 04 October 2007 10:51:29 Jesse Pavel wrote:
> > It sounds as though you have the TextAutocomplete plugin installed:
> >
> > Going to your plugin manager and unchecking TextAutocomplete should turn
> > this behavior off.
>
> That's not the case, but from some poking around inside plugins I believe
> that Xrefactory was doing it.  Disabling the Xrefactory plugin removes the
> effect. (There is a completions option in Xrefactory, but I don't have the
> actual program that it uses underneath, so there's no real reason for me to
> even have the plugin installed!)

I should have tested more before I spoke.  It's still there, only seemingly
now reluctant to display after only one character.  Typing e.g. "sub" will
still bring up "substr" in the completion list.  However, disabling the
completion feature in Sidekick this time seems to do it.  So, again, it was a
plugin thing.