List:       jedit-users
Subject:    Re: [ jEdit-users ] jedit & xml plugin memory usage
From:       "Zaleski, Matthew (M.E.)" <mzaleski () ford ! com>
Date:       2006-12-08 21:05:28

Looks like Sun's NetBeans has a profiler available which I believe
amounts to "free" use on open source projects....

http://profiler.netbeans.org/index.html

And seems to be compatible on a number of platforms according to this
snippet from the website:

The Profiler can profile applications running on the following JVMs:

    * A standard JDK 5.0_04 VM or later, JDK 5.0_09 or later is
recommended.
    * A standard JDK 6 Early Access VM starting from build 26, that can
be downloaded from JDK 6 EA Web site .
    * A customized JFluid VM, based on the standard JDK 1.4.2 VM, it can
be downloaded here .

Supported operating systems/architectures are currently Solaris (both
SPARC and x86 platforms), Linux, Windows, Mac OS X. Both 32-bit and
64-bit JVMs are supported on Solaris, Linux and Windows.