List:       jedit-users
Subject:    Re: [ jEdit-users ] big problems with mac osx
From:       Mike Dillon <md5 () jedit ! org>
Date:       2005-06-07 19:57:29

begin Mike Dillon quotation:
> begin David Morel quotation:
> > Mike Dillon a écrit :
> > > 0xA0 is never a line terminator that I know of.
> > >
> > > It is a non-breaking space in ISO-8859-1.
> >
> > How come it ended up in my files ?
> > I'm puzzled !
>
> I have no idea.
>
> I thought to ask if it is actually 0x0A (linefeed), but since that's the
> normal EOL on a Mac, I don't think you'd be complaining about that ;)

As someone pointed out to me in a private email, I misspoke here.

The Mac line ending is 0x0D (carriage return). 0x0A is the Unix line
ending and 0x0D 0x0A is the Windows line ending.

In that case, if you are seeing 0x0A (not 0xA0), then you may have been
seeing a file with DOS line endings. However, the Perl interpreter would
not have a problem with this, even if there is a mix of different EOL
characters.

-md