List:       jedit-users
Subject:    Re: [ jEdit-users ] Possible Enhancement to Code Browser?
From:       Kercso Jozsef <jozsefke () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2004-04-30 8:17:39

Hi!

   Because CodeBrowser belongs to my "must-offen-used" plugin, I would
like to suggest some enhancements too:
- the method, where the cursor currently is, should have an other
   color.
- it would be nice, if for every opened file would be an always visible
   subtree in the lower CodeBrowser pane. So the user could jump directly to
   a specific method in another file.
- For C++ (and maybe for other object oriented languages too) the following
   design would be very useful for the lower pane:
   + File XXX
   + File YYY
   - File ZZZ
     + Class Foo
     - Class Bar
       + Function
       + Member
       + Variable
- I wander if there is a possible way to join the methods and variables
   from the *.cpp and the corresponding *.h file. My idea would be to define
   a pattern with which CodeBrowser can try to identify the corresponding
   header file. Once the headerfile is found, there must be easy to join the
   ctags-output of the too files.

   Ex: My foo.cpp files are in: /home/joco/code/foo.cpp
          foo_c.h   files are in: /home/joco/include/foo_c.h
       directory.
   To find the header files I should define a pattern like
   /home/joco/include/${FILENAME_WHITOUT_EXTENSION}_c.h

   Maybe using Beanshell there are more efficient ways to define a pattern.

Regards,
   joco