List:       jedit-users
Subject:    Re: [ jEdit-users ] Cut and Paste "clipboard" not accessable
From:       Christoph Froehlich <cfauto () folge2 ! de>
Date:       2004-04-28 7:38:30

I have a similar problem on debian.

Opening xclipboard once per session, does the trick for me. Just type
'xclipboard' - without the quotes - in a shell and start copy and paste
between you applications. It suddenly works.

I don't know what xclipboard is actually doing, but I think it its
related to the two system-wide clipboard mechanism that exists on
unix-flavours.

Unfortunately the xclipboard - solution seems to support only 7-bit
ascii. Special characters from non-english languages are removed during
copy and paste :(

bye
christoph

--