List:       jedit-users
Subject:    [ jEdit-users ] binding mouse actions
From:       "Adrian Baker" <Adrian.Baker () peace ! com>
Date:       2004-04-27 22:23:56

(abject apologies if this has already made it onto the list, but it
looks like my previous send attempt got mugged somewhere)

It doesn't seem possible to bind actions/macros etc to a mouse action
(eg shift right click).

I guess this may be complex to add given the contextual behaviour of
some mouse actions (clicking in the gutter etc).. But it would be really
useful to be able to bind custom actions to some of the unused mouse
actions.

For example, I am writing a custom pop up menu that containst a list of
standard codereview comments, and when one is selected the comment is
inserted at the caret. It would be nice to be able to shift right click
(say) on a problem line in the text area and have my custom popup appear
at the new caret position, instead of the standard context menu.

I also remember awhile back the hardcoded right click=context menu was
causing problems for a gestures plugin (what happened to that?).

http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id149&alloc_id66&opĚk