List:       jedit-users
Subject:    Re: [ jEdit-users ] Usability thingy (default button during
From:       Reinout van Schouwen <reinout () cs ! vu ! nl>
Date:       2004-04-24 6:08:56

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 sgestin@tcs.ch wrote:

> Can you tell me more about your document-centric approach? I think I
> don't understand all the meaning.

The basic idea is that the user shouldn't have to care which application
she's using at any time while doing her work. Instead, she focuses on the
tasks she wants to accomplish (such as, write a document).

So in the document-centric approach, one doesn't start the editor and
chooses File > New, types something, and then does File > Save and thinks
of a name. How it is done: first the user creates a new document (from a
template for instance), names it, then opens it and starts working.
Ideally, saving isn't even necessary here because when it is closed, the
document state will be preserved for the next time it is opened.

If you want to know more, Google is your friend!

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout@cs.vu.nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778

For a limited time only, get FREE Ground shipping on all orders of $35
or more. Hurry up and shop folks, this offer expires April 30th!
http://www.thinkgeek.com/freeshipping/?cpg=12297