List:       jedit-users
Subject:    [ jEdit-users ] FTP plugin problem
From:       Jordan Henderson <jordan.henderson () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2004-04-20 15:29:08

Hello,

I'm a relative Java newbie looking at jEdit as a way to learn by doing and also get a \
powerful editor that I can really use everywhere.  I am impressed with what's \
available in jEdit.

I am having a problem with the FTP plugin, however.  This is using FTP plugin 0.5 \
under jEdit 4.1 Final running under Windows XP with J2re 1.4.0.  When I connect to \
some local FTP servers on HP/UX systems, many of the displayed filenames and \
directories have what appears to be a date prepended to them.  I assume this has to \
do with the regexps in FTP.props, but I don't really see the problem with them.  The \
first regexp, vfs.ftp.list.0, does seem like it would parse the returned FTP listing \
correctly.  I'm having even less luck getting back reasonable results from a local \
VMS system.

I couldn't find any documentation on the file listing regexps, but maybe I don't know \
yet where to find documentation for jEdit plugins.   One question I have is why is \
there vfs.ftp.list.0 and .1?  What causes one to be chosen over the other?  Is .1 \
used if .0 fails to match?

I thought I would ask here before attempting to debug it on my own.  I'm generally \
very happy with jEdit!  Thanks.

-Jordan Henderson